About the business:
Our client are a UK wide and international camping and outdoors provider based out of West Sussex. With close to 3,000 sites across the UK and Europe ranging from Caravan parks to Glamping retreats and everything in between.
What will you get from this role?
The position will make you into the go-to person within the business for all planning related enquiries and needs. You will assist both the Head of Estates and the wider Estates team in helping to continuously develop the businesses estates portfolio in alignment with the overall long term business plan to help develop and improve the portfolio across the UK and Europe.
This is the ideal position for a town planer that has experience within rural areas already or is looking to get their teeth stuck into an new and exciting element of Town Planning.
About the Position:
- Considerable practical expertise with the Town and Country Planning system.
- To offer internal clients advice on strategic planning in relation to potential for development and redevelopment, potential for change of use, and potential for alternative use.
- To draught LPA consultation briefs prior to application.
- Participation in meetings with internal colleagues and planning officers to discuss applications.
- Involvement in site and review sessions.
- Planning assessments, statements, and applications for site-related projects, changes of use, and Certificates of Lawfulness are prepared and submitted while closely collaborating with the development managers.
- Within this position you will help to support the management of the department, manage client relationships, and support the senior Town Planning team in creating new business.
- Selecting, directing, and managing outside expert advisers as needed, including planning, heritage, ecology, highways, flood risk, and other specialised consultants.
- Drafting of objections to plans on adjacent properties that would have a negative impact on the Club's sites.
- Occasional presence at meetings of the planning committee.
- The day-to-day management of planning initiatives, which includes communication with other internal and external disciplines,
The Ideal Candidate:
- A recognised degree in urban planning or a related field.
- A minimum of four years' PQE and membership in the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI), ideally in a planning advising capacity (whether in-house, LPA or consultancy).
- A track record of preparing and obtaining planning permits for large-scale development projects.
- Strong relationship-building and negotiation abilities, as well as the capacity to create and maintain mutually beneficial interactions with both internal and external parties, are required.
- The capacity and desire to collaborate and work inclusively.
- Possess the perseverance and problem-solving skills necessary for success.
- Strong business and financial sense.
- The capacity to lead and manage outside experts.
- Good analytical abilities and quick concept acquisition.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Outstanding report-writing abilities.
- A strong IT skillset (including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides).
- There are options for flexible working that combine working from the office, from home, and on-site for visits.
- Car driver with the flexibility to travel throughout the UK and be away as needed.
For more information, please contact Oliver Hampson, Direct Dial: 020 3817 0000, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org