Are you an experienced Principal Designer looking to showcase your talent within construction, at a leading consultancy with amazing client exposure?
Carriera is proud to partner with one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Currently looking for an experienced Principal Designer to join their team in London, they have an exciting portfolio of clients, delivering on some of the most ambitious infrastructure projects.
Our client, established in 1938, operates globally across 50 countries as multi-disciplined consultancy, with circa 20,000 employees, they have built a well-respected, reputable name within the industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acting as Principal Designer - liaising with the Client Teams, Design Teams, Principal Contractors, and others to deliver projects in line with the Client's remit, programme, and budget.
- Comprehending and carrying out thorough reviews of site project information and construction drawings, and identification of design, construction and maintenance risks through Design Risk Reviews.
- Plan, Manage, monitor and co-ordinate Health & Safety in pre-construction phases of projects, including identifying, eliminating or controlling foreseeable risks and ensuring designers carry out their duties.
- Attending & co-ordinating Design & Project Meetings as required throughout projects (including temporary works review meetings).
- Visiting project sites prior to construction to carry out initial risk appraisals
- Preparing, co-ordinating and distributing relevant Health & Safety Information to other design & project team members, using company format where required.
- Reviewing Construction Phase Plans prepared by Principal Contractor and advising on suitability (both to Client and other CDM colleagues).
- Supporting and managing CDM Team members, managing invoicing, assisting with project delivery and information flow, reviewing & advising on project deadlines and providing advice & support.
- Minimum of 3-5 years working as a Principal Designer
- Full UK Driver's License
- NEBOSH Construction or equivalent
- Membership with APS (AMaPS, RMaPS, IMaPS, CMaPS)
- A demonstrable understanding of design and construction drawings.
- Membership with IOSH (CMIOSH, CFIOSH)
Please contact Oscar Mills on 07399556163 for further information or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Health & Safety Advisor / Health & Safety Consultant / CDM Advisor / CDMC / CDM Consultant / Principal Designer / AaPS / IMaPS / CMaPS / CMIOSH / GradIOSH / TechIOSH