Role: Fire Safety Advisor
Location: Town Hall - Kensington & Chelsea (Hybrid working environment - minimum 2 days in the office)
Sector: Commercial & Corporate properties
Salary: £60,147 - £69,090 + attractive benefits package
Carriera is proud to partner exclusively with The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea who are in the process of appointing a Fire Safety Advisor to lead on all aspects of fire risk management for its commercial and corporate properties across the Borough to ensure that a robust fire risk management system is implemented and improved across the Council. This is an exciting position within the organisation and requires a competent and experienced fire safety professional with an excellent understanding of fire safety to help develop and grow this area for the local authority.
The successful candidate will report directly into the Head of Corporate Safety and liaise with a team of fire safety, H&S safety, consultants, stakeholders, fire service and residents on a daily basis to promote and improve fire safety for the properties.
RBKC manages a portfolio of over 500 corporate and commercial buildings ranging from offices, government buildings, retail units, mixed use developments, education establishments and residential. Although one of the smallest boroughs in London it is one of the most densely populated and diverse areas in Europe, it boasts an array of unique buildings, historic museums and beautiful parks.
- Conduct and validate fire risk assessments and FRA reviews in line with the Regulatory Reform Order (Fire Safety) 2005. Previous experience of carrying out or reviewing FRAs under BAFE SP205 would be advantageous.
- Carry out fire risk management system audits and reviews, implementing the 'Plan, Do, Check, Act' model as described in BS 9997, to ensure that all Council directorates meet the requirements of the Council's Corporate Fire Safety Policy.
- Plan, prepare and deliver bespoke fire safety training to Council staff and other relevant parties to ensure that the Council meets its obligations under the Corporate Fire Safety Policy.
- Provide technical fire safety advice in relation to design, both of new-build and refurbishment works, and particularly remedial works programmes that are prepared and delivered in response to fire risk assessments. A thorough understanding of the processes and procedures relating to Building Regulations, including supporting guidance, will be critical to competent delivery of this service.
- Assist the Head of Fire Safety in preparing and reviewing fire strategies for all Council premises.
- Act as the fire safety lead to the Corporate Health and Safety team.
- Assist in the preparation and development of policies and procedural documents in support of the Corporate Fire Safety Policy.
- Assist with technical fire safety input into capital works, including attendance at project meetings and boards and provision of timely competent technical reports and strategy documents.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of emergency exercises and fire drills.
- Audit and risk review contractors' performance in relation to fire-related works, including pre- and post-inspections as necessary.
- Manage contractors and consultants to ensure fire safety standards are fully met.
- Provide professional technical support and expertise to relevant teams
- Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety or CFPA Europe Diploma (desirable but not essential)
- Membership of IFE/ IFSM or capable of working towards this.
- Excellent knowledge of UK fire safety legislation
- Experience of conducting fire risk assessments on various commercial, industrial and residential buildings.
- Have worked in the sector for 3-5 years ideally with a consultancy, housing association or property management organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive salary in the region of £60,147 - £69,090.
- Travel expenses covered + travel zone allowance (zones 1 - 2).
- 30 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Final salary pension scheme.
- Dental care programme.
- Flexible hybrid working environment.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Mike Davis on 07947 648 308 for further information.
Fire Safety / Fire Safety Advisor / Fire Safety Manager/ Fire Consultant / MIFSM / AIFSM / MIFireE / AIFireE / GIFireE