Are you an experienced CDM consultant / Principal Designer looking for an exciting opportunity to showcase your talent within construction?
Look no further, Carriera has an amazing opportunity for a knowledgeable head of health and safety, principal designer to implement CDM guidelines on several construction projects around the southeast of England.
Our client are a leading construction consultancy who work with a number of FTSE 100 Companies, with Client base ranging from residential and strategic infrastructure, to education, rail, leisure and defence. They are a well respected, long-established consultancy who are now expanding their health and safety team, seeking an experienced CDM consultant with a design background to help provide services on innovative projects across the region.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsibility for managing your own projects - being the key interface between & liaising with the Client Teams, Design Teams, Principal Contractors, and others to deliver projects in line with the Client’s remit, programme and budget.
- Comprehending and carrying out thorough reviews of site project information and construction drawings, and identification of design, construction and maintenance risks through Design Risk Reviews.
- Carrying out the duties of Principal Designer / CDM Support Advisor as appropriate on behalf of the company for appointed projects: to plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate Health & Safety in pre-construction phases of projects, including identifying, eliminating or controlling foreseeable risks and ensuring designers carry out their duties.
- Attending & co-ordinating Design & Project Meetings as required throughout projects (including temporary works review meetings).
- Visiting project sites prior to construction to carry out initial risk appraisals.
- Preparing, co-ordinating and distributing relevant Health & Safety Information to other design & project team members, using company format where required.
- Reviewing Construction Phase Plans prepared by Principal Contractor and advising on suitability (both to Client and other CDM colleagues).
You will have
- Minimum of 5 years working as a Principal Designer
- Level 3 Cert in Fire Safety (NEBOSH or others)
- Full UK Driver’s License
- NEBOSH Construction or equivalent
- Membership with APS (IMaPS or CMaPS)
- A demonstrable understanding of design and construction drawings
- Membership with IOSH
In Return You Will Receive
- Salary of between £55,000 - £60,000 per annum DOE
- Flexible working arrangements
- Additional 4% Pension Contribution
- Private Health Care
- Car allowance on top of salary
- 25 Days Holiday + Statutory Bank Holidays
- Professional Memberships Paid!
- Additional Company Perks and Benefits
Please contact Oscar Mills on 07399556163 for further information or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Health & Safety Advisor / Health & Safety Consultant / CDM Advisor / CDMC / CDM Consultant / Principal Designer / AaPS / IMaPS / CMaPS / CMIOSH / GradIOSH / TechIOSH / Bracknell