Role: Building Safety Manager
Location: Town Hall - Kensington & Chelsea (Hybrid working environment)
Sector: Property Services
Salary: £60,000 - £69,000 + attractive benefits package
Carriera is proud to partner exclusively with The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea who are in the process of recruiting a Building Safety Manager to join its well established fire safety department who will be responsible for all matters relating to the structural and fire safety aspects of their housing stock across the borough.
RBKC manages a portfolio of over 9,500 (800 - 1000 buildings) properties throughout the borough, from 32 high rise blocks, low level street dwellings, sheltered accommodation and HMO's etc. Although one of the smallest boroughs in London it is one of the most densely populated and diverse areas in Europe, it boasts an array of unique buildings, historic museums and beautiful parks.
- Oversee the safe management of RBKC high-rise (and/or higher risk) residential buildings within the Housing Management building stock.
- Oversee the implementation of controls in respect of structural and fire safety on a day-to-day basis.
- Effectively manage safety within the designated building portfolio to which the role relates.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Building Safety Cases being prepared by the fire safety team, and to ensure their effective maintenance and management post-implementation.
- Manage resident engagement within high-rise and/or higher-risk building stock, particularly in ensuring that safety concerns are recorded, monitored and dealt with appropriately.
- Ensure that planned, preventive maintenance is carried out within the managed portfolio to which the role relates.
- Engage with relevant internal Housing Management staff to ensure that roles are performed effectively in accordance with the Corporate Fire Safety Policy.
- Oversee the successful implementation of corrective actions arising from fire risk assessments and audits.
- Ensure that facilities for use by the fire and rescue service are effectively managed and maintained.
- Degree in Building, Engineering, Construction or Surveying.
- Membership to IFE (GIFireE, AIFireE or MIFireE).
- Membership to professional construction body (RICS, CIOB, CABE, RIBA).
- Membership to IFSM (AIFSM or MIFSM).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive salary in the region of £60,000 - £69,000
- Travel expenses covered + travel zone allowance (zones 1 - 2).
- 30 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Final salary pension scheme.
- Dental care programme.
- Excellent support, training and CPD.
- Flexible hybrid working environment.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Mike Davis on 07947 648 308 for further information.
Fire Safety / Fire Engineering / Head of Fire Safety / MIFSM / AIFSM / MIFireE / AIFireE / GIFireE