Associate/ partner Town Planner
Winchester, Hampshire, England
£75k - 100k per yearRead More
About the business:
Our client are a multi-disciplined property and construction consultancy that operate out of several locations within the UK and beyond This business offers a full range of consultancy services with specialists in Investment, Development, Town Planning, Charities, Roadside, Airports and more.
Having found success within their town planning departments within recent years, our client are now looking to expand their town planning services further into the Hampshire, Berkshire borders.
What will you get from this role?
This position will allow you to join the business as either an Associate or partner, giving you the chance to take control of an existing service line in the area, building upon it through contact provided by the business as well as yourself and growing a team underneath you to aid with the higher capacity within the department.
This is an ideal position for an experienced Town Planner with a black book of developed relationships within Cambridgeshire and beyond, and wants to build a team of their own, taking it in a direction that they see fit.
About the Position:
- Reviews, evaluations, applications, and appeals related to town planning.
- Business development – making sure a steady stream of work is coming into the office.
- Conduct expert site inspections and compile pertinent reports with policy references.
- Diligently submit all required planning applications and appeals.
- In accordance with RTPI best practises and guidance notes, prepare necessary background reports.
- Managing less experienced team members, performing evaluations, and helping with recruitment.
Within this position you will help to support the management of the department, manage client relationships, and support the senior Town Planning team in creating new business.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be RTPI qualified.
- ideally have a degree or masters in a planning related course.
- You will be up to date with planning law.
- Your background and professional career may be with the public or private sector.
- Conduct pitch meetings, network and develop new relationships.
- You must be experienced within planning policy, application and development control.
- You will need to have a well-rounded experience within private practice, understand the commercials of delivering a successful service.
- Have experience with dealing with small change of use to 100 + unit schemes.
- Must be responsible for your own fee accounting, debt resolution and support any junior staff.
For more information, please contact Oliver Hampson